Saturday, September 14, 2019

Geological materials on Twitter

I was recently inspired by a really nice book on research and professional communication in social media by Petro Poutanen (@petropoutanen) and Salla-Maaria Laaksonen (@jahapaula).

Faktat nettiin is a really good manual for any researcher who would like to take up a more active role on social media, bring forth their expertice on broader forums, or generally just develop themselves as a communicator.


It sure got my juices flowing...

Previously I've mostly been only following some interesting topics, people, and handles on Twitter but after reading this book I got the inspiration to try moving some of my posts from Instagram to Twitter. From there, things got out of control pretty fast as I got the idea to migrate some of my Geological materials course teaching materials also there...

The plan at this point is to tweet a picture of a mineral (or other cool stuff) from the course's teaching materials and to deliver a related short infoid every day for as long as the course is running this semester. Let's see how this takes off...

You can follow the #geologisetmateriaalit hashtag to keep up (and me @AkuHeinonen) also on Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment